How to make November a Good Month

Wow I cannot believe November is here! This year is seriously flying by. Now that we are in the final stretch of 2019, this is a good time to reflect and check in on how you have been doing this year.

When I think of November, I think of it has a time to really spend the time with your friends and family. Think Fall activities, Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, Holiday Shopping, and more.

Check on your Finances

Now that we are heading into Holiday Season, this would be a great time to do a check in on your finances. I know this can be a daunting task, but if you’re planning to shop for your friends, family, and yourself this holiday season, it’s best to see where you are at financially. I know getting the perfect gift for your love one is something you want to do — but don’t empty your bank account just to do it.

One thing I’m going to be doing is really making sure I stick to a budget. This is one of my goals for 2020, so why not start now. When I moved in August, I spent a ton of money trying to make sure I have all of the essentials I needed in my home (and let’s be honest, my new place still isn’t where I want it to be) but I really had to slow it down when it came to my spending because I still have other responsibilities such a household bills, credit card payments, and more.

Reflect on the previous month

New month, fresh start! That’s what I love about this thing called life. There’s always an opportunity to start over. Look back on how last month treated you.

• What happened last month?
  • What did I do differently?
  • What went well and what did’t go so well?

Make to-do lists

November kicks off Holiday Season which is one of the busiest times of the year. Spending time with friends and family is super important, but make sure you’re still staying on top of the things you need to do.

• Schedule that much needed car maintenance
  • Schedule doctors appointments
  • Make time to deep clean your home

Not only will this keep you super organized, but you will feel accomplished after you knock everything off your to-do list.

Set Personal Goals

2020 is knocking on our doors! You don’t have to wait until the new year to start working on your goals. There’s never a timeframe to work on yourself. These goals don’t have to be hard to achieve. For example, this month I want to start working out in the mornings before work and staying organized.

Take Care of Yourself

Now that we’re headed into the colder months, cold and flu season is real! Make sure you are taking your vitamins, drinking water, and getting enough sleep. There’s nothing wrong with being a workaholic and staying busy — but it’s okay to say no sometimes. Overworked at work? Use a PTO day to get some rest!

What are your plans for November? Let’s chat in the comments!

1. November 4, 2019 / 10:39 pm

This is such a great checklist Nicole. It’s so important to not wait until the next year to reflect. 60 days is not much time but enough to get it together.

2. November 5, 2019 / 1:20 am

This is a really good post! It has me thinking about how I want to finish the year. I too can’t believe time is flying and it has me wanting to reflect, rest, and hit 2020 running! But I definitely want to rest and take care of myself first haha.

3. November 5, 2019 / 2:08 am

That is so true! With the cold weather and rainy days it’s really easy to get sick. I’m trying to keep up with my vitamins and supplements.

My plans for November are starting to decorate for Christmas early and to start buying the Christmas presents soon to avoid all the craziness lol

4. November 5, 2019 / 7:56 am

This is such an awesome post! Setting personal goals and making to-do lists are so important in feeling fulfilled but also getting a lot accomplished! I plan on making November the best month so far!!

November 5, 2019 / 1:13 pm

I think you’re right, and it’s really important to prioritize the practical as much as the fun during this month (and the next). Getting those doctor appointments in – and those self-care days too – they’ll make for a much more pleasant holiday season!

6. November 5, 2019 / 2:15 pm

I love so much that you brought up check on your finances!! Such a pivotal time to do so, especially with the Holiday Season right here!! And, it’s very important to NOT wait until the new year comes to start cracking down hard on your finances. Awesome share!
    Xx, Morgs*

7. November 5, 2019 / 11:18 pm

Setting goals and making to-do lists is something I need to do this month!!

8. Delia Atenea
    November 6, 2019 / 5:45 pm

Love all the tips but I my fav is “take care of yourself.” That is seriously so important! By doing simply things like some quiet time, me time, good sleep etc!

9. November 8, 2019 / 4:19 pm

Just the motivation I needed to start this month right! thanks lady!!

10. November 8, 2019 / 9:08 pm

Love all these tips! A lot of people do not like november because of the time change and because it starts to be colder! So it is a great blog post to shift our focus!!

11. Whitney
    November 11, 2019 / 12:58 am

Setting goals and taking personal time is definitely a goal of mine! Especially with the holiday season coming!

12. November 11, 2019 / 1:50 am

I totally feel the pull to make my goals for 2020 as the year draws to a close! Love these ideas, perfect for referring too when I get Winter brain fog.