Happy New Year and welcome to 2020 friends!! Now that 2019 is officially gone, it’s time to get back to business. While out out office, I decided to use the last couple of weeks of 2019 to create a game plan for the year ahead. I have a lot of goals for my personal and business life since I’m trying to keep them separate.
I have a feeling that 2020 is going to be a great year. 2019 was rough to start, but I would say it was an ok year. For 2020, I plan to go about this in a different way. I want to separate my business and personal goals — since in the past, I have been integrating the two.
- Make health and fitness a priority. I know this is pretty cliche but for the past couple of years, I haven’t been on my health and fitness game. I would have moments where I workout and eat healthy for a few weeks, then fall off. I’m really going to strive to make this a lifestyle change and take care of myself first.
- Eat at home and cook more. I have been pretty bad at doing this lately. I’m going to make it a point to weekly grocery shop (actually eating all of the groceries) and limiting fast food and sit down restaurants. I went to Trader Joes and stocked up my fridge/freezer and I went and bought a lunch box to be prepared for work!
- Credit and Savings goal: I’m usually pretty good with money, but I want to take it up a notch. I would like to purchase my first home in the next 3-5 years, so I have to get serious with working on my credit score and saving more money. If you have any budgeting tips, holla at ya girl!
- Clean out and organize my bathroom cabinet and closet seasonally. I tend to be a pack rat with clothes, shoes, and old beauty items. At the end of every season, I plan to go through those items and declutter.
- Get promoted at work. During the Fall of 2019, I was able to have a chance at getting promoted at work. Unfortunately, I was passed up due to needing more experience, but this is a goal I plan to work on in 2020. Now that I know what to work on and expect, I’m going to be prepared with the opportunity presents.
- Share more fashion posts: When I first started blogging, I loved creating fashion and style posts. After I returned from my hiatus, I wasn’t feeling it anymore/uninspired. This is going to be one of my goals for the year.
- Launch a product/service: When I started The Life with Nicole in 2016, I always dreamed of evolving this blog into something bigger. I have a few things planned and I can’t wait to bring the vision to life.
- Be smarter with time: I’m terrible about this and it’s something I really need to work on. I plan to utilize my resources by planning ahead, sticking to a content calendar, and asking for help when needed.
- Work with at least 3 brands a month: In the business of blogging, I am grateful to collaborate and create content with brands featuring their products/services.
- Continue to learn: I plan to execute this by attending conferences, events, listening in on webinars. No matter how long you have been in the blogging business, you should always look at ways to improve yourself.
- Instagram/Pinterest growth: I know everyone has their feelings about Instagram but we have to get real here. Instagram is one of the leading social media platforms for promoting your business. I need to get consistent with posting and engaging more. I’m also going to update Pinterest more often. I have been sleeping on Pinterest since I started blogging, but it can really be successful for your business.
Are you ready to take on 2020? Do you have any goals or resolutions that you’re going to follow? I would love to hear in the comments!