My Favorite Apps to Use as A Digital Entrepreneur

My Favorite Apps to Use as A Digital Entrepreneur

The other day, I was going through my phone and deleting apps I haven’t used in a while. It felt pretty good to “detox” my phone as you would food and drink. If you look at your phone, I’m sure you have apps, photos, and useless screenshots that doesn’t serve a purpose anymore. After you read this post, give yourself an hour to purge and give your phone a fresh start in 2020!

As a digital entrepreneur (blogger, content creator, online boutique owner, YouTuber, etc.), I’m always looking for new apps to improve my business. Being a blogger is more than just posting photos online and sharing your favorite jeans. We rely on a few apps and software to help run our businesses smoothly.

PHOTO EDITING

Lightroom

I started using Adobe Lightroom about two years ago and it has been a game changer in editing my photos. You can use the built in presets or purchase your own. I love that you can change the exposure and contrast, as well as editing the colors in your photo. This app is essential for me to keep a “cohesive” feed on Instagram.

INSTAGRAM FEED PLANNING

Planoly

As an Influencer/Blogger, Instagram plays a huge part in our business. You may have heard of your favorite bloggers talk about having a “cohesive” feed. Planoly is an app/service that allows your to see how the photo will look on your grid before posting to Instagram.

I use the calendar and analyze tool to see how often I post to Instagram as well as the best days and times to post. These tools are great to see what kinds of posts your followers love and engage with the most.

INSTAGRAM STORY FRAMES

Unfold

I love to use this app to add some flare to my Instagram Stories. You can use the app to create beautiful stories using their frames and templates.

Stories Edit by Planoly

Along the same lines as Unfold, I like to use this app to promote new blog posts and share weekly roundups in my Instagram Stories.

YOUTUBE THUMBNAILS

Over

This iPhone only app is a great way to showcase your brand by customizing your designs with colors, captions, and more. I also use this app for Instagram Story templates, and blog post promotion. I also used Over to create my YouTube banner shown below.

Canva

Canva is one of the leading user friendly “graphic design” tools. With over a million designs and customizable templates, Canva is great to use for YouTube Thumbnails, YouTube Headers, Media Kits, logos and more.

Before I end this post, I do want to mention a few other crucial must haves that I use/need to keep business running smoothly.

Video Editing

For YouTube videos, IGTV, and Instagram videos, I edit them using Final Cut Pro x. FCP is an editing software only available on MacOS. This editing software is $299, but they do offer 30 day free trials.

Another video editing app I recommend is iMovie. iMovie is a stock app made just for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. I like to use this app for quick, no fancy editing. This is also a great starter software if you’re learning how to edit.

Workflow Tools

MoeAssist: MoeAssist is a workflow tool created by Danielle Bernstein of WeWoreWhat. I have finished my free trial and decided to keep using this to keep everything organized. From campaigns, invoicing, and more. As I’m writing this post, MoeAssist created a free version!! I think it’s worth the monthly fee but it’s great to try.

Quickbooks: I like to keep track of my finances and invoice brands using Quickbooks.

1. January 27, 2020 / 8:33 am

Ok, I definitely need to step up my game! I am saving these to download later. Such fab ideas – I really need the IG ones.

2. Brittany
    January 27, 2020 / 9:59 am

I use a couple of these apps and for a non-blogger but small business owner it is really helpful for cleaning up your photos, making flyers and overall social media enhancements.

3. January 27, 2020 / 10:15 am

These are great programs! I use Canva for all of my Pinterest graphics, and planning your IG feed is essential!

4. Jamie
    January 27, 2020 / 11:58 am

Great post Nicole! 💙 I love Planoly & Canva too! BRB… Gonna go purge old apps and check out Over now! 😘

5. Dianne Kelly
    January 27, 2020 / 12:19 pm

Always great info! Thanks

6. January 27, 2020 / 1:28 pm

I couldn’t do what I do without Unfold and Canva! They are must-have apps for any digital influencer. 🙂

7. January 27, 2020 / 2:33 pm

I think I need to just bite the bullet and get Final Cut – I’ve been an iMovie girl but I should just get the upgrade.

• nicole@thelifewithnicole.com
      Author
      January 28, 2020 / 6:18 pm

Final Cut is so worth it!! They have a 30 day free trial if you want to test it out.

8. Delia Atenea
    January 27, 2020 / 5:29 pm

This is so cool! I love most of these apps! I also use LR and Canva! I believe in creating the best type of content you can!

9. Stephanie Whitman
    January 27, 2020 / 7:35 pm

I think “Over” is the only app in this list that I don’t use. It sounds really neat, but I just feel like I can do so many things on other apps that it compensates for not having this one haha. However, maybe I just need to experiment with it a little more!

10. January 28, 2020 / 8:31 am

These all are great apps to use and I already use, Lightroom and Canva which I love. I will have to try some of the other ones you shared that I didn’t know about. Thank you for sharing these! ❤️

11. January 28, 2020 / 10:10 am

Such an informative post. I have been using Lightroom and it is is game changer. I never realized how dark photos can be.

12. January 28, 2020 / 1:04 pm

This is a great list and has made me curious about most of them. I cannot say enough good things about canva! It is so awesome. I will have to look into instagram frames to help me shake things up a little.

13. January 28, 2020 / 2:58 pm

It’s so important to have the right tool to help you do what you need to do! I use a lot of the ones here, but Canva is my absolute favorite!!

14. February 2, 2020 / 10:55 pm

I am familiar with almost all of these apps. I use all except one. Great list.